EducationUSA, supported by the U.S. Department of State, is the official source for information on U.S. higher education. Visit the EducationUSA website for further details and guidance on the process of studying in the U.S.
To speak with an EducationUSA adviser here in Trinidad and Tobago, contact the Embassy of the United States by email at IRCPOS@state.gov or by phone at (868) 622-6371.
Education advising services available from the embassy include: school visits, one-on-one advising, group information sessions, and regular information sessions at various NALIS locations. Like the embassy’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ttusa for updates.
Here is a list of other useful resources:
- College search tools: Peterson’s College Search, CollegeBoard’s College Search
- The SAT: The CollegeBoard website.
- The GRE: Education Testing Service website.
- The GMAT: The GMAT website.
- Information on accreditation: U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Post-Secondary Institutions and Programs, Council for Higher Education Accreditation, Higher Education Publication.
- Scholarships and Financial aid: EducationUSA updates – you can also register to receive these updates by emailing the embassy at IRCPOS@state.gov, Institute of International Education Funding for US Study, International Scholarships and My College Scholarship.